Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The dreaded grocery store

Not sure when in my life grocery shopping became such a dreaded even in my life . I am one who really loves to eat food just not pick it out. Maybe its because every time I check out at the cash register I am cringing as it jumps from $25 to $100!!!  wonder if I was rich and famous would I like it because I would have a lot of money..scratch that if I was rich and famous I wouldn't be at a grocery store.. there are peasants for that :)

Maybe I need to take a cooking class. There really are two problems here.. lack of money, and lack of knowledge about how to make really healthy food. I would say I am a pretty healthy eater but it takes talent to make broccoli taste good... talent that I just don't have.

End of vent.

Tomorrow I will go grocery shopping, buy lots of yummy food, and be the best house wife ever...

(but really does anyone else agree with this post?)

- MA

4 comments:

  1. Eating healthy is so much more expensive, but worth it right :). Have you tried steaming the broccoli? Thats the best and easiest way i have found. Or you can saute it with other vegetables in olive oil, and that is good as well! Going to the grocery store is a pain and i swear i always forget something then i have to go back, it is so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always believed if you can read then you can learn how to cook. Both take time and practice:)Keep practicing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH me too!!!! Grocery shopping/figuring out what to eat for dinner is the worst thing everrrr!!! Cooking isnt bad if i have something planned.. but if not.. i just stress out trying to figure out WHAT to cook. I'm with you girl. this site: http://bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com has super easy recipes and she never spends more than 80 bucks a week! I have tried a bunch of them and they are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amen and amen. This post rings truth to my ears. I avoid the grocery store as long as I possibly can. GAhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete