Thursday, November 4, 2010

Honesty


For one of my classes (organizational communications) we were assigned to write an "Honesty" paper. For 2 days we had to be completely honest, no lying, no white lies, exaggerating, sarcasm, and we had to obey all traffic rules (no going over the speed limit, or jaywalking). If we caught ourselves doing any of these things we had to start over.... I would like to think of myself as a pretty honest person but this was hard. I decided that I failed the assignment after a class discussion, there is no way that I could have been completely honest.

Now let me explain why. It would be impossible for me to remember everything I had said or done throughout the day, and no one is perfect. However I can control the white lies, the exaggerations, and sarcasm. I have been thinking about this a lot lately and how important it is to be honest in everything we do especially in work situations. Believe me I have a lot of pondering to do... but just think about being honest.

(I really like this quote:)

"The Truth will set you free"


4 comments:

  1. I think it feels really refreshing to not be sarcastic, etc and just be blunt/honest. Learning how to do it kindly can be hard. I always speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote is so true. I am hereby challenging myself to be more honest....the sarcasm will be REALLY tough....but I will try :) oh yeah and the speeding...and excuses to not hangout with certain boys...shoot...I've got a long way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thats a really cool assignment. Yeah Rachel and I both will have to work on that whole sarcasm thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you but your marriage is a lie... Trey and Billy are true lovers.

    ReplyDelete