Friday, September 30, 2011

Dropping Love Notes

Three years ago today I was a freshman who was a little broken, just chopped my hair off and in an unfamiliar place. On September 30 I was walking out of class, wearing my good old tiger shirt and gold earrings that day I felt like I should go to the Library. I fought it and walked right past the library... then ended up turning around because I could hear my mom and sister Abi barking in my head, "If you want to meet people and make friends you need to go to social places where people hang out, like the library". My mom's guilt trips always get me. Walking in the library I saw that all the tables were full, besides one. There was a guy sitting there with his back faced towards me and I thought, "why not he looks cute from the back".  As I sat down I perked up a little because this guy was pretty cute, he glanced up at me and then continued doing is homework. As I sat there waiting for my second class to start I was wishing this kid would just talk to me, but whatever homework he was doing he would not take his eyes off it. When the time came for my next class I slowly got up to leave, put my books back in my bag extra slow, hoping he would say something...nothing. I left the library thinking I would never see him again. 

Later that day I came back to the library, I had one more class and it would be pointless to walk home. Walking into the library my stomach dropped, there was the same kid from earlier except he was sitting with two girls.. "what a player" I thought. I did not want him to think I was stalking him so I sat somewhere out of sight, and started to work on my homework.  The time went on and I peaked to see if the guy had left and he had,  I carried on with homework. About ten minutes later I looked up to see someone briskly walking past my table and dropped a piece of paper without even looking back. It was the guy from earlier, and this is what the note said. 

"To cross paths with you again and not talk to you would be my loss"

Trey Leonard 
(his number)

....Hope to hear from you



This is how it all started a little note that was dropped by my husband :) To this day I still can't beleive I kept the note.. I just thought it was so cute. Oh, and the girls he was sitting by the second time I came in .. "came and sat by him" haha  The rest is history!

2 comments:

  1. I love this story...and its SO cute you kept the note. What luck. Anyway, almost makes me cry (yeesh..what a softie I have become). <3 you both...

    ReplyDelete