Sunday, September 11, 2011

Emotional

Preface...this post is personal

Today I've cried.. No its not been a bad day but a day full of emotions and new purpose.  I am sure the mixture of this day being 9/11 and strong emotions through my faith have helped.  I will never be able relate to those who were personally effected by 9/11. Everyone experiences pain in different ways. We will never be able to bring back those who've lost their lives.

But we can do something to help others remember us when we leave this earth.  

I know before I've talked about how my Dad loves family history, has written books about his parents and my mothers parents and beyond, and teaches a class about it.  I am sure this sounds overwhelming, and a little boring. But to me family history isn't just about knowing where you came from, or doing work for those who have already died. Its about leaving my legacy for my kids to remember me.  I am so grateful that my family and husband will not only be with me forever on this earth but for eternity.  It makes me overwhelmed with emotion to have the privilege to know and believe this. By leaving and collecting meaningful journals, pictures, videos, and material objects we can be remembered and remember others. Our time on this earth is short, and I know without a doubt its not the end. But by leaving bits of me I know my generations to come to know and always remember me.


1 comment:

  1. I love this. It's so true. One of my favorite quotes is this: "Make no mistake, you will leave a legacy. The question is not 'if' but 'what'" Thanks for sharing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete