Friday, June 24, 2011

Rachel H.

This morning I signed into an old email, marythebabealice@hotmail.com. I believe my brother Joe helped me set up that one.... :)

Anyway I was reading all the emails I had saved over the years.. and let me remind you I used this email when I was in like  5-8 grade or so.  I came across some very interesting emails... some from old crushes etc.

But the email that brought a huge smile to my face was from my childhood best friend Rachel Henriksen.. Rachel and her family moved across the street when she was probably 3 and we've been friends ever since.. literally. Some of my most favorite childhood memories have her in it. I love Rachel so much. She came to Utah State and lived 2 doors down from me, was a bridesmaid at my wedding, and now comes to my house every Monday to watch the Bachelor. She is truly one of my best friends, and I miss her. She is currently in Thailand having all sorts of fun adventures.. I cant wait till we are both home again so we can eat some Mac N cheese:)

Rachel I hope you don't care if I share your poem... its just so cute :)

March 2, 2005

K- dont laugh- its really cheesy- but HERE GOES


Mary Alice Ballstaedt

When we were only tiny Mary,
I moved in next door
We never imagined we’d be the best of friends,
By all the silly memories we made-
Take our cheeze-it eating for example, and strawberry fruit snacks galore
Or how about those boiling summer afternoons when we’d sneak to our freezers and shave the ice from off the frozen shelves
You do remember don’t you, those late nights we spent playing Frogger from only the light of the TV?
Remember our mud pancakes, or our flower dying business?
 What about those silent days that were only broken by the squeaking of the swings?
Or the blasting of Selina singing I will survive?
We swung carelessly, never embarrassed or shy with each other, like two peas in a pod
My favorite adventure I think we’ve spent together, would have to be with Alex Cole
Singing Girl you’re my Angel
We both knew he was SIZZLIN’
But we were on 6 or 7
I will keep the details secret, as we both swore under oath
I won’t ever forget the amazing hours we spent together, including those at Juli’s soccer games, making tapes in your room, going to the zoo, birthday parties, and sleepover manias!
 As the years press on, we are slowly growing farther and farther apart
But I will always remember you…
                                     Always

I am glad we didn't grow too far apart Rachie :) 


I wish I had a picture with me of when we were little

1 comment:

  1. Okay...I LOVE THIS! The poem is just classic. Of course it ends with a dramatic last liner like that! Im SO glad we didn't grow apart. I have always looked up to you and I love you to the moon and back! That cookies and cream dessert thing.......looks AMAZING. I want it. Miss you so much can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete