Monday, June 27, 2011

When In Rome

Have you ever had a sugar high headache? I had one all weekend. Before we came to Boston Trey and I were stressing about the usual things poor college students stress about. Right before we left my smart mother-in-law and sister in law told us, “Just have fun and enjoy it”. During our time in Boston we’ve been quoted saying, “When in Rome” a fair amount, this basically means even though we’re poor college students we wanted to make the best of this opportunity we had to live in Boston just the two of us and have fun. We've shopped around (not too much), and had yummy food and desserts.. which would lead to my sugar headache. The north end of Boston is where all the Italians live, and it also happens to be home of some of the best Italian food and Mikes Pastries. Mike’s is always crowded the line goes out the door every day. Good news is the line moves fast. Here is what we indulged ourselves in this weekend:)

cookies n cream cannoli





red velvet cupcakes

my favorite spaghetti



the famous lobster tail

Our Nike frees we got a couple weeks ago..they are awesome for running. And yes Trey convinced me to get the bright colors..stepping out of my comfort zone.

2 comments:

  1. MMMMm mikes.... that was so good. The food in the North End is just as good as New Orleans food I think... that's saying a lot!! Thanks for having me Mary:) I had so much fun!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete